I guess I'm one of the few who believe someone's personal political beliefs shouldn't be a factor in a business transaction. I don't want people not to buy my product just because I'm conservative, and I don't avoid buying other people's products just because they are liberal. The quality of the product at an agreeable price is all that matters to me. That being said, one of the quality factors I consider in my entertainment is whether the CONTENT is full of liberal propaganda. Susan Sarandon is physically incapable of acting in a movie that isn't sanctimonious liberal drivel, so I avoid her movies. Morgan Freeman plays plenty of parts that are relatively politically neutral, so I don't mind purchasing that entertainment.
One of the biggest problems that conservatives have in this country is that we're far too willing to support people who mock, despise and hate us. They tell the world we're awful people and then we turn right around and put money in their pockets and help them become bigger stars. Meanwhile, conservative celebrities are afraid to support Republican candidates or speak up for conservatism because they know the Left will unleash a tsunami of hysteria on them. In other words, there may be a lot more conservatives than there are liberals, but celebrities can get away with criticizing us,...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 8 hours ago