You left out a few details that show a bit more of the story: "V=While Eric's career, as a property manager in his father's booming real estate business, was taking off, he confided to his friend David Vandervoort that he was in over his head. "Eric talked about being in debt. Big time. And he was borrowing money from his dad's company to pay it back," said Vandervoort. And despite picture-perfect appearances, Eric's marriage was on the rocks. "Anne tells the story of, she wanted to go to college, she wanted to finish the degree, and that ... didn't fit Eric's mold of a Christian housewife," said Anglen. "Eric searched high and low through the Bible and could not find a way out. So he felt trapped. But yet he was doing the Christian thing by staying married," said Vandervoort. There was talk of divorce, and on June 25, 1991, as Eric headed to a real estate seminar in San Diego, little did his family know he wouldn't be coming back." And, we of course know heterosexual men would NEVER do this, except when they do. My father went out "for a container of milk" and never came back. He abandoned his family. My mother had to eventually divorce him in abstentia. In the meantime, he married another woman while still married and left her and her child too. But, that stuff never happens with heterosexual people, except when it does. I would venture to say it happens quite often. An article about that, directed at men thinking of leaving their families might be a very good use of your Christian voice. I would think more families are in danger of a situation like mine than the one highlighted above. But it is less sensational.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago