I remember sitting at the dinner table with my parents at 8 years old. During that season, the “no elbows on the table” rule was in full force. In addition, my mother constantly chided me for using slang as opposed to proper English. Those 3-4 years seemed like hell on earth, Nonetheless, years later, I could trace my success in school to my family dinner table and a few great teachers. My parents always said, “For a black man to do half as well, he must be twice as good!” For them, education was almost a “sacred privilege” which had been...
You are spot on, Harry Jackson. Kids, white, black, brown or yellow all do best when they have both a mother and FATHER and have guidance and a sense of morals. Sadly, this secular society continues to believe that they don't need God or a father in the family structure. Where are the black leaders like Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton to support these ideas? They are both men of the cloth. Isn't' that what they're supposed to do?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 19 hours ago