How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
Mr. Hawkins, you need to add a #6: When a black American dares to support any conservative ideas, they are subject to personal destruction. This is not limited to prominent people. You have to possess an extremely thick skin to put up with the degrading and racist comments that are thrown at any minority who dares to express an individual opinion. The left has it both ways. They continue to decry the lack of conservative minorities, but as soon as a minority expresses some conservative ideas, the left goes on attack, and the mainstream media refuses to call them out on it. Examples: Artur Davis, Mia Love, Condoleeza Rice, Allen West. Artur Davis was called an "Uncle Tom" just because he opposed ObamaCare.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago