If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago