It's not surprising that Ryan, who got his start working for Jack Kemp and William Bennett at Empower America, sees the world this way. Though it's a total secret to members of the press and the Democratic Party, conservative intellectuals have been grappling with the problems of poverty in America for...
we knew that even before he was elected the first time. but the takers do not care about anything other than gimme, and obama was the man to give them. and he still gives them. soon he will have nothing to give, when the gov't will go broke and the taxes will not cover any part of the gimme. he cannot make tax rates at 100%, which is what it will take to keep on giving. he stated when he was running for president that he will bankrupt the coal companies and electricity will skyrocket. why is it that no one paid attention to this? now we see that he will keep his promise to ruin this country, and of course the poor will suffer more that the non poor.
The Republican Party is picking up the pieces. Speaking of the ticket's loss for the first time since the election, Rep. Paul Ryan noted that many voters "don't think or know that we have good ideas" on fighting poverty and "helping people move up the ladder of life."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 7 hours ago