Four weeks ago, President Obama delivered a speech in San Jose, California touting the supposed benefits of his signature healthcare law. For 85 percent of Americans, he claimed, the only change they'll experience is superior coverage. For virtually everyone else, there will be competitive exchanges in place starting next year, from which they'll be able to select affordable coverage. And if some people still aren't able to pay those new, lower rates, the government would step in with subsidies to make up the difference. Needless to say, his promises were deeply misleading at the time: Premiums were already heading...
In response to:
Throw the Democrats who LIED to the American people out the door. I am so tired of working for them. Let's give them hel* in 2014!!!
- The dream is alive: Huckabee thinking of running in 2016 Allahpundit 16 minutes ago
- Chinese naval vessel tries to stop US Navy vessel in the South China Sea Steve Eggleston 1 hour ago
- Poll: Majority recognize common sense, realize Keystone XL is a fake controversy Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama administration considering support for Islamists in Syria? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boeing machinists reject “best and final” labor deal for 777X Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Totes Obvs. Michigan teachers union demands $10K severance pay for child molester teacher Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago