In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 3 hours ago