In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 11 hours ago