In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 4 hours ago