In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 9 hours ago