In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 12 hours ago