In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago