In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 40 minutes ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 4 hours ago