In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago