It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Are we surprised to see society in such chaos? Are we appalled by the tendency to violence, crime, and mayhem? Are we puzzled by the disintegration of human dignity, the decay of human decency, the degradation of human standards? Is it any wonder the law is laughed at? The high, lofty, lovely laws of the Lord have been exchanged for the low, lusting impulses of unregenerate man. Yet, people scream, "What has gone wrong?" The answer is simple. The eternal God of all goodness and righteousness and justice has been spurned and repudiated. In His place man has erected his own idols of self-indulgence, self-gratification, self-assertion, and self--glorification.
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago