Sorry, John. But Beatrice was right on nearly all counts. USPS IS a government agency but managed unlike any other mostly with the worst of both worlds (private and government). I usually agree with most of your rants but my husband has been with the Post Office for over 35 years and while, he understands that he works for the Government, the rest of Bea's comments are the same he has explained to me. Even before I met my husband--and even while recognizing its faults--I have always thought that we Americans are one spoiled bunch to make the Post Office the butt of jokes and of so much of our angst. There is good and bad in any bureaucracy but if you must point fingers about Post Office inefficiencies I'd take a closer look at Congress. The Post Office is expected to make a profit like a private business while being prevented [by Congress] from doing business like one.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago