For the past few weeks, I have been writing in this column about the government's use of drones and challenging their constitutionality on Fox News Channel where I work. I once asked on air what Thomas Jefferson would have done if -- had drones existed at the time -- King George III had sent drones to peer inside the bedroom windows of Monticello. I suspect that Jefferson and his household would have trained their muskets on the drones and taken them down. I offer this historical anachronism as a hypothetical only, not as one who is urging the use of violence...
This is beyond disturbing! Forget about the intrusive photographs. That's bad enough. But drones could also be used to neutralize guns. Heretofore, guns have remained a viable defense against an oppressive government because, figuratively speaking, a hundred million citizen bees are more deadly than several thousand government tanks. However, drones change all that. Drones could also be used to wipe out selectively all "enemies" one by one. Napolitano is right. We should all be up in arms about this. Terrifying prospects.
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 53 mins ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago