Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
If the Congress doesn't "man-up" and oppose B. Hussein Obama's multi-faceted attack on the Constitution, nobody else will be able to! I know they're basking in the afterglow of a second election win for their 'Hero", but it's time to get down to brass tacks. We can't go on with an ever growing debt and a deficit that is out of control. Everyone knows that in order for the progressive, liberal agenda to work, the government must be allowed to take over the minds, health, well-being and finances of the population. He already has the support of the 47% who are relying on the government for financial assistance, now he wants the rest of us to join arms and lockstep our way to total Socialism. (continued)
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 7 hours ago