Granted, Romney never was a natural fit for liberal Massachusetts, a state with a rich history of big-talking, belly-up-to-the-bar political icons. In their book, "The Real Romney," Boston Globe reporters Michael Kranish and Scott Helman quote a Democratic lawmaker who complained that the...
Maybe Romney is an unknown quantity in his qualifications for the Presidency; but they all are at first. People thought a totally unknown, unexperienced, unqualified entity was going to bring about a real change in 2008. They were wrong! It turned out to be the same old "Tax and Spend", run up the debt, cut back the military and sell the country down the river that Carter was. Is it possible that Romney could be the counter punch that the country needs? I think yes. He's got the same conservative, business oriented, eye-on-the-prize attitude that Reagan had. The know quantity in this race is that Obama can't do it. Let's try another tactic. The business of America is business. The government is the problem.
Do Americans want to make Barack Obama a one-term president so that they can replace him with a one-term governor? My biggest beef with Mitt Romney is that he won his way into the statehouse in Boston in 2002 only to use it as a perch to run for the White House in 2008. He didn't run for re-election.
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago