Retail massacre, on the other hand, is the work of loners and losers. These massacres usually...
Suzanne, your article is right on spot. All people have moments and thoughts of meaness and probably evil but the good side of us usually wins out unless our wires get crossed. I am a firm believer in being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is so sad that this life can bring so much pleasure and at the same time so much pain. My heart goes out to all those hurt in this massacre but my heart goes out to the parents of the man who did the shooting. I keep thinking "I am so glad I am not the parent of the person who did the shooting." I would always wonder if I could have done something to prevent this. But in reality, a parent cannot force an adult child to do anything they do not want to do.
The memorable massacres of history have been the stuff of ruthless despots. They're about power and intolerance -- getting rid of anyone who could cause trouble. Attila the Hun needed an army to massacre his enemy. Josef Stalin was a wholesale killer who measured his dead in the millions. So did Hitler, who appealed to "willing executioners" who benefited materially and officially from an actively fed prejudice, along with a cadre of SS officers who hated Jews and hunted them as though they were animals.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago