It stopped being Bush's economy when Obama authorized the stimulus package to restore the economy and bring unemployment below 8%. Three years later we are still waiting. It became Obamas economy when he ran on cutting the debt in half instead of doubling the debt and borrowing even more money from the bank of China. The very thing he called out Bush on. Now, I am not a fan of Bush's economic policies but at some point you have to recognize that current policies are not working, take responsibilty, and work to change it. Obama just keeps doubling down, refueses to take responsibility for anything and forging ahead with policies that don't work with the same old tired mantra, its Bush's fault. Obama is feckless and must go.
Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. But instead he got a rubber chicken.
Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.
As voters finalize their election impressions this...
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago