It stopped being Bush's economy when Obama authorized the stimulus package to restore the economy and bring unemployment below 8%. Three years later we are still waiting. It became Obamas economy when he ran on cutting the debt in half instead of doubling the debt and borrowing even more money from the bank of China. The very thing he called out Bush on. Now, I am not a fan of Bush's economic policies but at some point you have to recognize that current policies are not working, take responsibilty, and work to change it. Obama just keeps doubling down, refueses to take responsibility for anything and forging ahead with policies that don't work with the same old tired mantra, its Bush's fault. Obama is feckless and must go.
Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. But instead he got a rubber chicken.
Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.
As voters finalize their election impressions this...
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 16 hours ago