It stopped being Bush's economy when Obama authorized the stimulus package to restore the economy and bring unemployment below 8%. Three years later we are still waiting. It became Obamas economy when he ran on cutting the debt in half instead of doubling the debt and borrowing even more money from the bank of China. The very thing he called out Bush on. Now, I am not a fan of Bush's economic policies but at some point you have to recognize that current policies are not working, take responsibilty, and work to change it. Obama just keeps doubling down, refueses to take responsibility for anything and forging ahead with policies that don't work with the same old tired mantra, its Bush's fault. Obama is feckless and must go.
Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. But instead he got a rubber chicken.
Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.
As voters finalize their election impressions this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago