The counter-culture mentality has been taking hold since the early sixties. Since then we have been conditioned by entertainment, the news and our education system to believe that the establishment is evil. Anything once held as sacred is a lie, anyone we revered is a pervert and/or a criminal. For the last few decades we have been taught to hate ourselves and that anything not American is automatically much better. It is past time we realize that saying you love America is not a stupid thing to say. Saying you are proud of this nation is not excusing its mistakes. We can stop analyzing America's warts and start admiring the only nation in the world where many religions, races and creeds all live side by side with no riots, no race wars, no jihads of one strip or another. We are the only nation where you can come from any background and, (with a bit of paperwork), become an American citizen. Being proud of America is not a hate crime. It is the reward for being part of the longest running political experiment in history.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 21 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 23 hours ago