The counter-culture mentality has been taking hold since the early sixties. Since then we have been conditioned by entertainment, the news and our education system to believe that the establishment is evil. Anything once held as sacred is a lie, anyone we revered is a pervert and/or a criminal. For the last few decades we have been taught to hate ourselves and that anything not American is automatically much better. It is past time we realize that saying you love America is not a stupid thing to say. Saying you are proud of this nation is not excusing its mistakes. We can stop analyzing America's warts and start admiring the only nation in the world where many religions, races and creeds all live side by side with no riots, no race wars, no jihads of one strip or another. We are the only nation where you can come from any background and, (with a bit of paperwork), become an American citizen. Being proud of America is not a hate crime. It is the reward for being part of the longest running political experiment in history.
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 14 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 15 hours ago