There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Ask Alan West if he thinks there is voter fraud by Democrats. Another indicator of fraud under the radar is the unexpected sweep of Democrat Senate candidates. It would have been reasonable to expect that the Republicans would have won three or four of those Democrat seats, but they got shut-out. NO one predicted that. It was totally under the radar. The Dem effort was put into electing Obama and the Senate candidates. Only Alan West was undermined in the House, it appears. the Senate is much more important over the next four years, because of Supreme some Supreme Court vacancies that will occur. They have already flipped John Roberts, now they have to replace one more conservative justice, and they can run their agenda.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014