“Now the perception is, yes, women are here to stay,” Ginsburg told the conference. “And when I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough and I say when there are nine, people are shocked.”
Ginsburg said that no one has “ever raised a question” when nine men were serving on the bench.
Ginsburg added that she felt “lonely” on the bench when she was...
In response to:
You know that you have a problem when the people that are supposed to stand for equal justice for all is concerned about the court's gender representation. Shouldn't they be able to ensure justice regardless of gender balance on the court?
Speaking at a 10th Circuit Bench & Bar Conference at the University of Colorado-Boulder, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she hopes to see an all-female Supreme Court one day. Via CBS:
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 57 minutes ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago