Yes, it did -- right after Carter got a tattoo and a Harley. In fact, bribery remains a way of life in much of the world, including rapidly developing countries where American multinationals need to be. These firms often are forced to choose between following age-old local custom in order to compete and obeying U.S. law, which may leave...
Obama is a tyrant. He engages in crony capitalism (think pay to play) You have to be friendly to his administration or some agency will be down on you neck. Look at Gibson guitars. (Google Gibson raid). It can be a matter of who you support with contributions, whether or not you are union friendly or just that you are a competitor of a company that is more friendly to his administration. Politicians have been engaging in crony capitalism for a long time. Obama has escalated it to a higher level. Keep in mind that "lobbying" is nothing more than bribery. It just has a nicer ring to it. No matter what you call it, it is all the same....corruption.
Until 1977, there was no country that criminalized the practice of bribery abroad. But that year, President Jimmy Carter signed a law making the United States the very first. In due course, this measure eliminated corruption from every nation where our corporations operate.
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago