Yes, it did -- right after Carter got a tattoo and a Harley. In fact, bribery remains a way of life in much of the world, including rapidly developing countries where American multinationals need to be. These firms often are forced to choose between following age-old local custom in order to compete and obeying U.S. law, which may leave...
Obama is a tyrant. He engages in crony capitalism (think pay to play) You have to be friendly to his administration or some agency will be down on you neck. Look at Gibson guitars. (Google Gibson raid). It can be a matter of who you support with contributions, whether or not you are union friendly or just that you are a competitor of a company that is more friendly to his administration. Politicians have been engaging in crony capitalism for a long time. Obama has escalated it to a higher level. Keep in mind that "lobbying" is nothing more than bribery. It just has a nicer ring to it. No matter what you call it, it is all the same....corruption.
Until 1977, there was no country that criminalized the practice of bribery abroad. But that year, President Jimmy Carter signed a law making the United States the very first. In due course, this measure eliminated corruption from every nation where our corporations operate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 7 hours ago