Yes, it did -- right after Carter got a tattoo and a Harley. In fact, bribery remains a way of life in much of the world, including rapidly developing countries where American multinationals need to be. These firms often are forced to choose between following age-old local custom in order to compete and obeying U.S. law, which may leave...
Obama is a tyrant. He engages in crony capitalism (think pay to play) You have to be friendly to his administration or some agency will be down on you neck. Look at Gibson guitars. (Google Gibson raid). It can be a matter of who you support with contributions, whether or not you are union friendly or just that you are a competitor of a company that is more friendly to his administration. Politicians have been engaging in crony capitalism for a long time. Obama has escalated it to a higher level. Keep in mind that "lobbying" is nothing more than bribery. It just has a nicer ring to it. No matter what you call it, it is all the same....corruption.
Until 1977, there was no country that criminalized the practice of bribery abroad. But that year, President Jimmy Carter signed a law making the United States the very first. In due course, this measure eliminated corruption from every nation where our corporations operate.
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 3 hours ago