We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
I was just thinking the same thing. Not everybody has or wants a Facebook or Twitter account... you'd be amazed at how people think that's just crazy talk. Until this year, I never owned a cell phone (no desire to have one--- I want to be "off-the-clock" when I am off-the-clock). Ever see a dog's reaction when he doesn't understand something? That's the same look I get from people when I say I don't have a Facebook account (or when I used to say I didn't carry a cell phone). Good news is, we'll survive when the technology fails. I pity the fools.
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 39 minutes ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 3 hours ago