My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 07, 2013 12:06 AM
says who? How do you know what they saw and if they were telling the truth? Were you there? Did you know them? Some of them left the church but never denied their testimonies or that they saw the Gold Plates.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 07, 2013 12:04 AM
This could go on forever about the nature of God. And don't say that I or anybody else not believing in the three in one God is not going to be redeemed. Christ redeemed us all. You are right that you need to know the truth by the spirit. So why don't you try it? I've already received the truth. Someday all will know it.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 07, 2013 12:00 AM
Christian, just not mainstream restored is the term.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 11:59 PM
no cross because we believe in the living Christ. Prophecies are accurate; not every single word a prophet speaks. He's human, after all. and please refrain from saying things like what I believe is wicked and evil. These are sacred things. Seek the truth and you shall find it. You can't take anybody's word for it. If you don't know much about something don't comment on it. Don't assume everything you read about someone is true. There are a lot of people out there who seem bent on destroying the church. Moroni is on temples facing usually East to usher in Christ when he comes again. Read Moroni in the Book of Mormon. See what you find that's evil to you. If talking about Christ is evil, then something is wrong.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 11:48 PM
Yes, he was so wealthy. ?? He endured suffering for what he believed. If he was a fake, he would have just said so and given up because he wouldn't want to be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail and put in prison for nothing. Read something besides anti-Mormon stuff and learn something.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 11:46 PM
sorry you feel that way. The God of Mormonism is the same God you believe in. Christ is the same one we believe in. He was sent by the Father and is His Son. They are not one Person. What, did Christ have a split personality in that he talked to himself and prayed to himself? I accept Christ as my Savior and I don't want anybody to say I don't and that I have a different Savior and a different God. My whole life revolves around Jesus and his teachings. the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and people not believing that won't change a thing.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 11:42 PM
aren't we mature

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 11:38 PM
It's called continuous revelation. Do we not need God's word now as well as in old times? Or do we not need him today, has he lost the power to talk to man, or does He just not care?

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 11:37 PM
Christ came to the apostles and said handle me and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and blood as ye see me have and he partake of food. What did he do with his body after He resurrected? Discard it?

My Apology to Mormon Readers

jyoung Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 11:36 PM
The Bible says the apostles should be one as the Father and I are One (meaning the Son and Father). Does that mean the apostles should be one big body instead of 12?