I’ve written about the negative relationship between government spending and economic performance, but most of my focus is on “macro” issues such as the overall diversion of resources from the productive sector to government.
This leads to the misallocation of labor and capital, I’ve explained, which means the economy isn’t as efficient and living standards stagnate.
But, with the exception of some posts about the
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hill staffers hit errors galore as they try to sign up for ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- IRS: The evolution of a scandal in the president’s mind Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: House Democrats ready to blow up Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Charlie Cook: This is one of the most dramatic shifts in a generic congressional ballot I’ve ever seen jeffdunetz 15 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: If South Africa’s apartheid government could see the error of its ways, why can’t the GOP? Allahpundit 16 hours ago