Sigh. Even when they’re sort of doing the right thing, Republicans are incapable of using the right argument.
Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has unveiled his proposed budget and he and other Republicans are bragging that the plan will balance the budget in 10 years.
That’s all fine and well, but good fiscal policy is achieved by reducing the burden of government spending, and that means that restraining the budget so that federal outlays grow slower than the private sector.
It’s good to balance the budget, of course, but that
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 45 mins ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 4 hours ago