Sigh. Even when they’re sort of doing the right thing, Republicans are incapable of using the right argument.
Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has unveiled his proposed budget and he and other Republicans are bragging that the plan will balance the budget in 10 years.
That’s all fine and well, but good fiscal policy is achieved by reducing the burden of government spending, and that means that restraining the budget so that federal outlays grow slower than the private sector.
It’s good to balance the budget, of course, but that
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago