Sigh. Even when they’re sort of doing the right thing, Republicans are incapable of using the right argument.
Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has unveiled his proposed budget and he and other Republicans are bragging that the plan will balance the budget in 10 years.
That’s all fine and well, but good fiscal policy is achieved by reducing the burden of government spending, and that means that restraining the budget so that federal outlays grow slower than the private sector.
It’s good to balance the budget, of course, but that
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 30 mins ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago