Sigh. Even when they’re sort of doing the right thing, Republicans are incapable of using the right argument.
Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has unveiled his proposed budget and he and other Republicans are bragging that the plan will balance the budget in 10 years.
That’s all fine and well, but good fiscal policy is achieved by reducing the burden of government spending, and that means that restraining the budget so that federal outlays grow slower than the private sector.
It’s good to balance the budget, of course, but that
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago