1 - 9

Statistical Frauds

jwilson273 Wrote: Apr 15, 2014 1:38 PM
Thank you Mr. Sowell for adding common sense and unbiased research to the mix. It's much appreciated.

Outwitting the Purveyors of Dependency

jwilson273 Wrote: Apr 04, 2014 7:27 AM
Very insightful. Thanks Dr. Carson.

A Tiger of a Book

jwilson273 Wrote: Mar 18, 2014 11:15 AM
Thanks to Professors Chua and Rubenfeld for their outstanding findings. And thanks to Mr. Sowell for the article.

The 'Fairness' Fraud

jwilson273 Wrote: Feb 25, 2014 8:27 AM
Thank you Mr. Sowell.

How Mitt Romney Won My Vote

jwilson273 Wrote: Oct 08, 2012 4:52 PM
Nice article Mike. And good point about coming to grips with the debt. Some of Romneys ideas will probably hurt me. But I think he's on the right track....that it's time to knuckle down. This doesn't make Romney a monster. Like someone already said, it makes him an adult.

For Once, I Hope Paul Krugman Is Right

jwilson273 Wrote: Aug 25, 2012 3:29 PM
I am no idiot. As a lifelong Republican, I am completely aware of welfare abuse. But it seems to me that the Republican argument is about thirty years late. We are in the midst of the worst economic downturn in our nations history. And the bulk of government assistance is reflected in that fact, not in those who've leeched off taxpayers for decades.

For Once, I Hope Paul Krugman Is Right

jwilson273 Wrote: Aug 25, 2012 3:20 PM
If it's that rosey, then Limbaugh, Hannity, OReilley, Boortz, Romney, Rove, Ryan and all the others are wrong about the economy. And Obamas stimulus has been a success. Therefore, the 8 million Americans who lost their livlihoods in the economic downturn had rather live on the uncertain dole than be stable and free. Clearly this is not true.

For Once, I Hope Paul Krugman Is Right

jwilson273 Wrote: Aug 25, 2012 1:52 PM
Consequently, cutting off their benefits in the attempt to force them back to work ignores the reality that there is no work to which to return. What's the sense in kicking the fort dwellers from the fort in the midst of a blizzard by simply imagining the season to be spring? Wouldn't it make sense to wait till spring or to fix the economy and make the jobs available before telling them they have to leave the fort and find work?

For Once, I Hope Paul Krugman Is Right

jwilson273 Wrote: Aug 25, 2012 1:45 PM
There seems to be a disconnect between Mr. Mitchell as well as many other conservatives principles and economic reality. Consequently, they view those unemployed who are on some form of government assistance as life long lay-abouts. In fact, the bulk of the unemployed who are on some form of assistance are life long workers and taxpayers. They've spent their lives working, paying taxes, taking their kids to little league and boy scouts, painting their homes, mowing their yards and so on, just like everyone else. But when the economic tsunami came along, it cared not whether you are liberal, conservative, atheist or christian. If you were in its way, it swept away your lifes work, your job, home, contacts, possessions...everything.
1 - 9