Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
"Why do I need to explain this to conservatives?" ^THIS. For some reason, marijuana can get conservatives clambering to keep the government big, expensive, and invasive. I don't get it.
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago