Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
I agree with Jacob Sullum's earlier article on this: this is going to be a "put up or shut up" issue for the GOP. Do you honestly believe the government should but out of personal business, or do you like your government just as big and intrusive as the Left when it comes to issues you like?
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago