Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
I agree with Jacob Sullum's earlier article on this: this is going to be a "put up or shut up" issue for the GOP. Do you honestly believe the government should but out of personal business, or do you like your government just as big and intrusive as the Left when it comes to issues you like?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago