Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
"It is equally REDICULOUS to think Government could possibly control and/or regulate it! It can be grown in ANY backyard, closet, basement, cornfield, & even in your garden window! Think that those that bring it here illegally now, will all of the sudden stop and check in at the border to pay their Taxes/Import Duties?" Question: does the mob still have a vested interest in making and selling alcohol now that it's legal? Or have most people opted to go with the safe, legal option over the one that involves criminals?
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 34 mins ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago