It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
Eight hundred years ago, the Mexica indians left their drought ruined farms in the American Southwest and moved to present day Mexico where they were the lowest of the low and had to settle on swamp land in the middle of a lake--land unwanted and unused by the 'legal' citizens of Mexico. In a span of 200 years, because of their drive and industry, they became the prosperous ruling class of Mexico. Now their descendants are returning to the lands they once ruled, as the lowest of the low, taking jobs the legal residents don't want. Let us not make the mistakes of the Mexicans of 1200 AD. Rather, let us welcome them back home.
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 48 minutes ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 4 hours ago