It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
Eight hundred years ago, the Mexica indians left their drought ruined farms in the American Southwest and moved to present day Mexico where they were the lowest of the low and had to settle on swamp land in the middle of a lake--land unwanted and unused by the 'legal' citizens of Mexico. In a span of 200 years, because of their drive and industry, they became the prosperous ruling class of Mexico. Now their descendants are returning to the lands they once ruled, as the lowest of the low, taking jobs the legal residents don't want. Let us not make the mistakes of the Mexicans of 1200 AD. Rather, let us welcome them back home.
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago