It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
Eight hundred years ago, the Mexica indians left their drought ruined farms in the American Southwest and moved to present day Mexico where they were the lowest of the low and had to settle on swamp land in the middle of a lake--land unwanted and unused by the 'legal' citizens of Mexico. In a span of 200 years, because of their drive and industry, they became the prosperous ruling class of Mexico. Now their descendants are returning to the lands they once ruled, as the lowest of the low, taking jobs the legal residents don't want. Let us not make the mistakes of the Mexicans of 1200 AD. Rather, let us welcome them back home.
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 4 hours ago