It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
Jobs belong to the employer, not to the worker. And the employer has the individual right (not always protected) to hire whomever he pleases. This includes the right to hire immigrants, legal or otherwise. I have no greater right to a job on account of my legal residence than does an illegal resident. Furthermore, every immigrant, legal or not, has a mouth as well as two hands. The idea that immigrants take jobs 'belonging' to Americans is boloney, both morally and factually.
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 16 mins ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago