Thank you Mr. Bower for this dose of good sense. Stringent immigration quotas effectively make immigration to this country illegal except for a tiny privileged few. The quotas make about as much sense as a 15 mph speed limit on the interstate highways with analogous results. Few people recall that the whole situation began when the Bracero program was halted back in the 70s because of labor union opposition. Mexican workers moved back and forth across the border freely with their green cards, working for a season then returning to their families in Mexico. When the program ended after working successfully for decades the workers faced the prospect of poverty for their families or sneaking back across the border into the US to stay.
Latinos are religious, morally conservative and tend disproportionately to join the military. They also tend to be hard working and entrepreneurial. Do we really have too many of them?
Do we really want to pack them up, forcibly, by the millions in the greatest forced migration in human history? How many are there, 15, maybe 20 million? No one has ever moved 15 million people against their will. No one has ever moved half that many without concentration camps, forced marches of one form or another and mass death through plague.
If there’s another way to do it, please...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago