The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
It is time for a real change. Get rid of the o man pretender and elect ROMNEY 2012
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 43 mins ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago