The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
It is time for a real change. Get rid of the o man pretender and elect ROMNEY 2012
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 5 hours ago