Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
Kerry is different he's a jigaloe.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 7 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 16 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 2 hours ago