Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
Kerry is different he's a jigaloe.
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago