On April 30th in 1789, at Federal Hall in New York City, George Washington took the oath of office to become the first president of the United States. He took that oath amidst a widespread surge of popularity and consensual respect that has yet to be replicated in any subsequent presidential election in this country. For two terms, Washington was able to govern, and govern well, because even before he won the election as president of the United States, through his deeds, Washington had won the respect and trust of all of colonial America. If measured against...
You are drastically underestimating the Chicago way - he stands a very good chance of being re-elected.
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago