The House of Representatives adjourned Thursday afternoon, only hours after President Obama touched down in Washington, D.C. While it was initially reported that they wouldn't be back until Monday, December 31 - the last day to totally avert the fiscal cliff - Jake Sherman discovered they'd be back in an emergency on Sunday....
On the contrary, here's hoping that they all had very expensive plans that they will have to pay for even as they miss the opportunity to enjoy them. They created this problem themselves by kicking the can down the road over and over, and by agreeing to the insane levels of spending this president has demanded. Let them earn their overpriced salaries for a change.
President Obama cut his Hawaiian Christmas vacation short in order to come back to Washington, D.C. to, supposedly, hammer out a deal with Congress in order to address the looming fiscal cliff. There's only one problem: much of Congress won't be there.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 5 hours ago