Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 3 hours ago