The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Can you say lie? LIe and more lie. Even if the so-called Bush Era Tax Cuts remain in effect EVERY AMERICAN is going to see TAX INCREASES in 2012. Oh wait a minute, are they taxes, fees or fines? Even the Supreme Court can not differentiate. Thank you ObamaCare, the HEALTH CARE REFORM that wasn't (oh another lie) it was in reality a HEALTH INSURANCE MANDATE. Now add insult to injury and calculate the number of jobs lost due to this onerous law, and the income that will be lost due to employers reducing hours to fall under the rules of the mandate. OH but wait Obama has the middle class best interests at heart. And when those who make 250K per year start cutting their expenses who is going to feel that? Yeah middle income earners.
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago