Trying to sell the message of Constitutioinal Conservatism is like trying to convince a five, six, or seven year old that they need to pitch in and help (with the chores) clean their own room and participate in the overall welfare of the family. A child wants to play and the Socialist/Marxist message is don't worry, mommy and daddy government will do it all for you. Which side do you think wins that argument?
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago