Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
Then, compromise becomes, mathematically, the LEAST that everyone is willing to agree upon, rather than the MAX that they are willing to agree upon. Right now, it's "get EVERYTHING IN AT MAX FUNDING" to get one big budget that enough will support. Do it a billion at a time, in forcibly separate votes, and it builds up from zero until people stop voting for things when they are exposed. They can't hide behind the garbage that "I didn't have any choice about the bridge to nowhere, I voted for the greater good of other stuff in the budgett." If and when the Bridge to Nowhere comes up, you get to vote for it or not.
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 3 hours ago