Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
Put another way, LET the government shut down, and then switch on the things that are Constitutional and that matter. Let anyone who doesn't vote to fund NORAD right off the bat deal with the voters. Yes, the entitlement challenge is very real (the "automatic spend") but we can certainly start cutting lots of other things by making the default behavior non-funding, with only things that get actively voted for being funded.
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago