Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
Put another way, LET the government shut down, and then switch on the things that are Constitutional and that matter. Let anyone who doesn't vote to fund NORAD right off the bat deal with the voters. Yes, the entitlement challenge is very real (the "automatic spend") but we can certainly start cutting lots of other things by making the default behavior non-funding, with only things that get actively voted for being funded.
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago