Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
The GOP controls the House. Time to stop perpetuating the nonsense of all-you-can-eat government budgets. Start proposing ITEMIZED, granular appropriations. PRIORITIZE. Start by funding NORAD and the submarine operations of the Navy. (REAL, strategic defense.) Move on to funding the Federal Courts and such, whatever. Real, Constitutional stuff. Leave ethanol mandates, the DEA, HUD, Dept of Ed, etc, to ROT. And in doing all this in an ITEMIZED fashion, you put people on the record for support or non support of individual items. This is how Congress was supposed to operate. And they'd be so busy getting the basics done, it would tie their hands from all the criminal mischief in which they normally engage.
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago