Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
The GOP controls the House. Time to stop perpetuating the nonsense of all-you-can-eat government budgets. Start proposing ITEMIZED, granular appropriations. PRIORITIZE. Start by funding NORAD and the submarine operations of the Navy. (REAL, strategic defense.) Move on to funding the Federal Courts and such, whatever. Real, Constitutional stuff. Leave ethanol mandates, the DEA, HUD, Dept of Ed, etc, to ROT. And in doing all this in an ITEMIZED fashion, you put people on the record for support or non support of individual items. This is how Congress was supposed to operate. And they'd be so busy getting the basics done, it would tie their hands from all the criminal mischief in which they normally engage.
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 18 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 3 hours ago