Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
Got it, thanks for clearing that up re: the war vs. the abolition movement. I agree wholeheartedly that slavery was, and is, an abomination. (As is fractional slavery, practiced by the government and the banking cartel called the Fed, btw.) Abortion is a slightly different form of killing than, say, murdering one's neighbor. Much like suicide is different from killing one's neighbor. And while I understand where you are coming from, and am opposed to abortion, it's a little bit trickier to deal with than traditional murder. Liberty is centered around the individual. Pregnancy is a very messy concept, with two individuals joined. The only thing messier than abortion, in sorting out liberty, is the Siamese-twin problem.
- Obama’s criticism of Israel: Deflection or duplicitousness? Jeff Dunetz 14 mins ago
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 55 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago