Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
Got it, thanks for clearing that up re: the war vs. the abolition movement. I agree wholeheartedly that slavery was, and is, an abomination. (As is fractional slavery, practiced by the government and the banking cartel called the Fed, btw.) Abortion is a slightly different form of killing than, say, murdering one's neighbor. Much like suicide is different from killing one's neighbor. And while I understand where you are coming from, and am opposed to abortion, it's a little bit trickier to deal with than traditional murder. Liberty is centered around the individual. Pregnancy is a very messy concept, with two individuals joined. The only thing messier than abortion, in sorting out liberty, is the Siamese-twin problem.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago