Was Villaraigosa living in an alternate universe at the DNC, too? When the Democrats held a voice vote to modify the platform, undoing the omission of God and Jerusalem, chaos among the delegates ensued. It was clear to anyone watching that a 2/3 majority was not reached, even after three votes were held. After the first vote the chairman began to say, “In the opinion of the…” then he realized ‘hey, wait a minute, that wasn’t a majority’ and proceeded to finish his sentence, “let me do that again.” He did. The same thing happened and he just...
If you pause the video when the screen come up to show the delegates the actual wording of the amendments, you will see: "1. We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential. 2. Jerusalem is and will remain the capital of Israel. The parties have agreed that Jerusalem is a matter for final status negotiations. It should remain an undivided city accessible to people of all faiths. "God" was added back in as part of an adjective in a sentence that describes the kind of government Democrats believe we need, which is another discussion altogether.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 8 hours ago