For a day. But within hours, the administration account deflated...
The prospect of inserting a team is a straw man. It is a lie to insinuate that the only available course of action was to put boots on the ground. In addition to Special Operations teams, close air support platforms were available, with a much faster response time than troop transport aircraft. There were JTAC / CCT qualified personnel on the ground in Bengazi. I guarantee that a few well placed strafing runs and JDAM strikes would have immediately ended the attack. Then when things settled down you insert the ground teams. 0bama and this craven administration abandoned those men to their fate.
The first statements from the Obama administration about what happened in Benghazi seemed plausible. There were, after all, protests throughout the Muslim world on the anniversary of 9/11 -- some incited by Islamists using an obscure video to arouse anti-American fervor in the mobs, and some, no doubt, just pelting U.S. embassies on general principles. When the administration explained that one of those protests had spun out of control and led to the murder of our ambassador and three other Americans in Libya, there seemed no reason to doubt it.
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 16 hours ago