I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
The problem Mr. Stossel is that you are way too late to the party. I visited Gary Johnson's campaign website about 6 months ago and felt then that he was a very credible candidate. But the lamestream media was too busy "fixing" the election slate and chasing false stories instead of generating a solid discussion of the issues that are pushing this country over the edge. We have been terribly let down by our press and politicians. Their actions are criminal in my opinion.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago