I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
The problem Mr. Stossel is that you are way too late to the party. I visited Gary Johnson's campaign website about 6 months ago and felt then that he was a very credible candidate. But the lamestream media was too busy "fixing" the election slate and chasing false stories instead of generating a solid discussion of the issues that are pushing this country over the edge. We have been terribly let down by our press and politicians. Their actions are criminal in my opinion.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 33 minutes ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago