I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
The problem Mr. Stossel is that you are way too late to the party. I visited Gary Johnson's campaign website about 6 months ago and felt then that he was a very credible candidate. But the lamestream media was too busy "fixing" the election slate and chasing false stories instead of generating a solid discussion of the issues that are pushing this country over the edge. We have been terribly let down by our press and politicians. Their actions are criminal in my opinion.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago