Dr. Williams, you're spot on as usual and I envy your ability to educate in such a manner that even I can grasp the point, but far too many people would rather have the room provided at no cost to them whatsoever. Someone else, in their line of reasoning, should foot the bill. Personally, I can't wait to see what my gubmint hootch will look like when the time comes(sarc). I don't see much, if any, good coming out of four more years of government intervention in our lives, whichever party is responsible. God help us all, maybe some of your common sense will prevail. Otherwise it's food stamps, welfare and long lines at the doctor's office in perpetuity for all.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- AP reporter to State Dep’t spokesman: Seriously, can you identify a single accomplishment since 2010? Allahpundit 11 hours ago