Dr. Williams, you're spot on as usual and I envy your ability to educate in such a manner that even I can grasp the point, but far too many people would rather have the room provided at no cost to them whatsoever. Someone else, in their line of reasoning, should foot the bill. Personally, I can't wait to see what my gubmint hootch will look like when the time comes(sarc). I don't see much, if any, good coming out of four more years of government intervention in our lives, whichever party is responsible. God help us all, maybe some of your common sense will prevail. Otherwise it's food stamps, welfare and long lines at the doctor's office in perpetuity for all.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago