Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Congressman Ryan is right on as usual. Gotta admit I can hardly watch that video of him as it brings back a very tearful reminder of the tragedy on November 4th when people chose their own stubborness, selfishness and stupidity over an opportunity to get this country back on track by choosing the commie in chief over Governor Romney and Paul Ryan. Hope they keep laughing at Geithner but we know the hussein will win this one as well.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago