Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Congressman Ryan is right on as usual. Gotta admit I can hardly watch that video of him as it brings back a very tearful reminder of the tragedy on November 4th when people chose their own stubborness, selfishness and stupidity over an opportunity to get this country back on track by choosing the commie in chief over Governor Romney and Paul Ryan. Hope they keep laughing at Geithner but we know the hussein will win this one as well.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 5 hours ago