Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Congressman Ryan is right on as usual. Gotta admit I can hardly watch that video of him as it brings back a very tearful reminder of the tragedy on November 4th when people chose their own stubborness, selfishness and stupidity over an opportunity to get this country back on track by choosing the commie in chief over Governor Romney and Paul Ryan. Hope they keep laughing at Geithner but we know the hussein will win this one as well.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 13 hours ago