Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Congressman Ryan is right on as usual. Gotta admit I can hardly watch that video of him as it brings back a very tearful reminder of the tragedy on November 4th when people chose their own stubborness, selfishness and stupidity over an opportunity to get this country back on track by choosing the commie in chief over Governor Romney and Paul Ryan. Hope they keep laughing at Geithner but we know the hussein will win this one as well.
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago