Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Congressman Ryan is right on as usual. Gotta admit I can hardly watch that video of him as it brings back a very tearful reminder of the tragedy on November 4th when people chose their own stubborness, selfishness and stupidity over an opportunity to get this country back on track by choosing the commie in chief over Governor Romney and Paul Ryan. Hope they keep laughing at Geithner but we know the hussein will win this one as well.
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago